Saturday, June 17, 2006

6-17-06

Everyone is familiar with the front of a Snickers bar: SNICKERS in blocky italic letters inscribed in a parallelogram. What I did not know is that the back side of a Snickers bar says SATISFIES in the same style. This must be new, because I've eaten many a Snickers bar following an abysmal evening at Leutner, and never seen it.

===

A hot cashier recently began working at CVS. I think I made a very solid impression on her the first time I was there. First I fumbled about like an idiot for my CVS ExtraCare card because I couldn't get my pocket open. Then I couldn't get a five dollar bill to come out of my wallet. It snagged on some of the other bills; I yanked it and ten one-dollar bills spewed out all over the floor.

Today I saw the danger coming and took some precautionary measures. I prepared my CVS ExtraCare card and a five dollar bill miles before I approached the register. I paid for my goods and she gave me change. Things were looking good. But just as our exchange was about to conclude, I jumped the politeness gun and cut her off as she was wishing me a nice day. The conversation went like this:

Me: Thanksalot.
Hot Cashier: Have--
Me: Haveaniceday.
Hot Cashier: ... You too?

I am now determined to complete at least one transaction at CVS without making an ass of myself.

No comments: