Sunday, June 04, 2006

6-5-06

A guy on the board game forums wrote a post about the unfair stereotyping of gamers. The general consensus stereotype of a board gamer, if you are curious, is that of a balding, middle-aged, overweight male who smells bad and has a caffeine addiction. With regards to the odor, the poster wrote:

"For some it is a question of 'to wash or not to wash', for others it is the certain time in their life when they are between childhood and adolescence and their body isn't sure what to do with all the new chemicals, for others it is a medical problem. When I was in my twenties I had that problem. Even if I took a shower only three hours later I smelled like a mediocre torchbearer in the Dungeon of Doom. Thankfully I could take some pills based on natural ingredients to get rid of the problem. Now, according to my wife, I smell very good."

Freshman year we had a guy on our floor who stank like a wet dog in a barrel of rotten human flesh, even directly after a shower. How could this be? Some conjectured that he didn't use soap in the shower; others thought he didn't shower enough; some believed he didn't wear deodorant; others thought he had a medical problem. Previously I wasn't sure whether there really existed a medical condition that could make you smell like ass 100% of the time, but now I know. Poor Don; instead of offering deodorant, we should have given him some pills.

No comments: